‘We’ll try our hardest to find a financial solution that works for you. Here are just some of the families we’ve already helped’.
Mary and Joe’s bank agreed to a Split Mortgage. This means that 45% of the loan will be warehoused/parked, there will be no interest charged on this portion for the lifetime of the loan.
- 3 children (7yrs, 9yrs & 14yrs)
- Mary works full-time as retail assistant
- Joe works part-time as civil servant
- €4,420 total income per month
- €375,000 mortgage
- €11,000 mortgage arrears
Reduced Interest Rate
Steve and Andy’s bank agreed to give them Reduced Interest Rates. While some lenders offer rate reductions, the period of rate reduction varies, it can be from 3 to 6 years, and very much depends on individual circumstances
- No children
- Steve works full-time as an administrator
- Andy works full-time as a sales manager
- €2,900 total income per month
- €300,000 mortgage
- €17,000 mortgage arrears
- 3.95% variable rate on mortgage
Mortgage To Rent
Simon and Anne’s bank agreed to include them in the Mortgage to Rent scheme. This means their house was bought by an approved housing body and they stayed in their home as tenants.
- 2 children
- Anne unemployed
- Simon works part-time
- €2,030 total income per month
- €315,000 mortgage
- €295,000 home current value
The advice of the IMHO is never sell or surrender a property without a written agreement and confirmation as to what happens the residual balance (if applicable) after the property is sold.